Software Developer (General)
Not your everyday software developer position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month is different.
- Multiple positions ranging from intermediate up to team lead level (based on skill, regardless of the amount of experience or education), opening up immediately and throughout the year.
- Additional positions for specialists (for example, Android programmers, front-end developers, etc). Tell us your strengths and we’ll go from there.
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (software tester, business analyst, project manager, graphic designer, and UX designer). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent.
- Fast moving in terms of variety of work and expectations.
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Gain valuable career experience in the newest highlevel technologies (C#, .NET 5, Java, MVC7, WCF, web services, SOA, Swift/Objective-C, Xamarin, F#).
- Gain experience with many advanced software engineering tools and techniques (code generation, object relational mappers, advanced .NET reflection, etc).
- Gain experience with both small and large projects, with involvement throughout the product life-cycle.
- Opportunities to be involved with higher level architecture and design.
- Mentoring from experienced software architects and some of the smartest peers in the country, on exciting projects that you can really sink your teeth into.
- A blend of programming methodologies (deliberately part way between agile, Kanban, and waterfall plus occasional extreme and pair programming methodologies).
- Does not involve a lot of boring technical support or fixing broken legacy applications.
- Most of the learning is through hands-on trying and doing and collaborating. Meetings and formal training are minimized.
- Rarely requires meeting with a client for those who prefer not to.
- Environment allows for some privacy at your workstation as well as time to concentrate without distractions when you need it.
- Exchange city program: swap cities with one of our developers in another city! Pleasant covers good portion of travel, no cost accommodation, and stay for a month or two without using up any vacation.
- Highly intelligent.
- Fast learner and enjoys learning.
- Passionate about making software and very good at it.
- Gets deeply involved with challenges and will persevere at length to achieve victory.
- Takes pride in work.
- A deep appreciation for reusable code and the benefits of object oriented design.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement everywhere.
- Experience with .NET or mobile development.
- Pragmatic approach to balancing perfectionism with getting the job done.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative software producer with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, use only the https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com link to apply.
- senior software engineer
- senior software designer
- senior software developer
- senior programmer
- software programmer
- senior software architect
- project manager
- team leader
- lead developer
- software engineering
- application developer
- mobile software developer
- mobile developer
- senior software engineers
- senior software designers
- senior software developers
- senior programmers
- software programmers
- senior software architects
- project managers
- team leaders
- lead developers
- application developers
- mobile software developers
- mobile developers